How do I know if I have wetlands on my property?

Each property owner is responsible for that determination and must hire a qualified wetlands professional to make such an assessment. If your project involves getting a Building Permit, you will be required to supply a letter signed and stamped by a qualified professional engineer, wetlands scientist or land surveyor stating that "no work will be done within 100 feet of wetlands or within 200 feet of a perennial stream or river." 

Any work within a 100 foot Buffer Zone from wetlands or 200 feet from a perennial stream or river requires a permit from the Conservation Commission as required by state and local regulations. If there is a question as to whether your project requires such a permit, please call the Conservation Commission Office at 508-785-0032, ext. 233, for more information before you begin any work.

Show All Answers

1. How do I know if I have wetlands on my property?
2. Where can I find a qualified wetlands professional to do this work?
3. How long does the filing process usually take?
4. What are the filing fees?
5. Where can I go for a walk in Dover?
6. Are dogs allowed in Wylde Woods?
7. Are horses allowed in Wylde Woods?