Town Report Committee
*The Town Report Committee Seeks Photos for Publication*
Every year, the Town Report is illustrated with photographs that showcase Dover and its citizens through themes such as nature and wildlife, town architecture, sports events, and everyday scenes or traditional events (Dover Days, summer concerts, Memorial Day activities, etc.). The Town Report Committee greatly encourages residents and nonresidents alike to submit their photographs for publication consideration.
Photographs can be contemporary or archival, in black and white or color, and in print or electronic formats. Multiple submissions are welcome, but the submitter must either own the material or know who does. Click here to fill out an online form to submit photographs and grant permission for their use in the Town Report. Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town Report Committee members meet internally a minimum of three times throughout the year.
- Check the Town Calendar for meeting dates and times.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Town Report Committee is composed of five members appointed by the Board of Selectmen to serve three-year terms. The Committee is responsible for publishing the Town Report, mandated to be the vehicle by which all Town departments, boards, commissions, committees, and schools convey to the Dover residents a summary of their activities during the year.
The Committee annually oversees the full production and dissemination of both printed and electronic versions of the Town Report. Its responsibilities include:
- negotiating costs for graphic design, printing, and report distribution;
- managing the submission process;
- reviewing and copy-editing each report for accuracy, clarity, and brevity;
- soliciting and selecting accompanying photographs;
- proofreading final layouts;
- liaising with the printer;
- producing printed or online announcements of report availability; and
- facilitating hard-copy distribution and online access of the report in PDF form to be made available to voters of the Town at least 14 days before the deliberative session of the Annual Town Meeting.
Dover Town Code Description of Responsibilities
Chapter 3 (“Town Report) Section 3-1: Publication and distribution; contents: There shall be published and distributed among the voters of the Town by any means approved by the Board of Selectmen, at least 14 days before the deliberative session of the Annual Town Meeting, the Annual Town Report, which shall contain a descriptive review of the year’s activities from each of the Town boards, commissions, and committees including significant events, financial data, and legal matters as required by state laws and Town bylaw.
Chapter 4 (“Town Officers, Committees, and Commissions”) Article 25, Section 4-35; Appointment; publication of Town Report: “There shall be a 5-member Town Report Committee appointed by the Board of Selectmen on a rotating basis of 1 or 2 members each year for 3-year terms. The Committee shall be responsible for publishing the Town Report pursuant to the Dover General Bylaws Chapter 3, Section 3-1.”
View the full Dover Town Code.