Board of Health
- Meetings are generally held in the evening twice a month.
- Check the Town Calendar for meeting dates and times.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Gerald L. Clarke, Chair - Term expires: 2022
- Dr. Kay Petersen - Term expires: 2023
- Dr. Stephen Kruskall - Term expires: 2024
The Board of Health is an elected regulatory body as provided in the laws and regulations of the Commonwealth. The Board of Health, including its elected members, administrative assistant and agents are responsible for ensuring water, soils, food, and air are protected from contamination which could pose a threat to the health and well-being of the public. The Board of Health is responsible for preventing the spread of contagious disease in humans and animals. The Board of Health is legally responsible for regulating and permitting:
- Food permits – both annual and temporary
- Well permits for private well owners, including water quality, installation maintenance and repair
- Septic systems and private sewage systems including installation, maintenance and repair
- Commercial waste haulers
- Sale of tobacco products
- Demolition of buildings in coordination with Building Dept.
Dover Town Code Description of Responsibilities
There shall be a three-member Board of Health elected on a rotating basis of one member each year for a three-year term. The Board of Health’s duties and authority shall include, but shall not be limited to, those specified in Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 21A, Section 13 and Chapter 111, Sections 26 through 32.
Board of Health Related Information
- Lyme Disease Advisory (PDF)
- Preventing Tick Bites (PDF)
- Protect Against Flu (PDF)
- Public Health Fact Sheet - Steps You Can Take to Prevent Tick Bites (PDF)
- Septic Regulations
- Septic Regulations- Hearing Notice Requirements (PDF)
- Volunteer Program (PDF)
- Well Regulations (PDF)
- Caring for Flu (PDF)
- Family Communications Plan (PDF)
- Board of Health Fee Schedule
- Application for Abandoned Wells (PDF)
- Application for Water Supply (PDF)
- Certificate of Compliance Form 3
- Hearing Application (PDF)
- Septic System Application
- Soils Evaluation Application
- Swimming Pool Application
- Temporary Food Permit Application
- Recreational Camp License Application
- Dover Installer-Hauler Application