The Town of Dover may in certain instances, under the provisions of Massachusetts General Laws (MGL) Chapter 138; Section 14, issue special licenses for the sale and/or delivery of alcoholic beverages. Said licenses if issued are subject to the following conditions:
- Alcoholic beverages may only be dispensed between the hours of 10 am and 11 pm. Monday through Saturday and between the hours of 12 pm and 11 pm on Sundays and holidays.
- Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed on the property licensed.
- Alcoholic beverages must be consumed by 11:30 pm.
- Application for said special license shall be made to the Board of Selectmen not later than twenty-one days prior to the planned event.
- Any entertainment (band or DJ) offered in conjunction with said license must also cease by 11:30 pm
- Although entertainment may be permitted in conjunction with a special license, the volume emanating from such entertainment shall be consistent with community norms.
- The community norms will be interpreted, if necessary as reasonable or unreasonable by any police officer that becomes cognizant, by any means, of said noise.
- Willful and /or repeated violations of these guidelines may be the grounds for the denial of any further special licenses to the applicant.
- No license will be approved until a check for $25 made out to "Town of Dover" is received by the :
Board of Selectmen’s Office
P.O. Box 250
Dover, MA 02030
Fill out the online Special Liquor License Application.