A post election counting session will be held on Saturday, November 19, 2022, at 8:30am, in the Great Hall at the Dover Town House to record ballots received through Saturday, November 12, and tabulate results. See memo to State here
The Town Clerk’s responsibilities also include:
- Certification of all actions voted at Town Meetings (The Town Clerk forwards these to the Attorney General’s Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth, and Department of Taxation for approval)
- Certification of candidates’ nomination papers
- Conduct of all elections (town, state, federal)
- Issuing of absentee ballots
- Posting notification of all meetings of all town governmental bodies, and keeping of the resulting meeting minutes thereof
- Recording the annual town census, jury list, and street list
- Supervision of voter registration
- Town meeting minutes
All Dover Meeting Agendas & Minutes are posted and available electronically in our Agenda Center. You may view or request copies of the original time-stamped agendas at Town Hall during business hours or you may request to have a copy sent to you via email.
**Important to note-our new agenda center will display website time-stamps when the agendas are posted going forward. Agendas moved before website launch will have bulk posting dates. Click the agenda to view PAST agenda posting timestamps.**
The Town Clerk handles the recording and preservation of vital records, including:
- Birth, Death, Marriage Certificates
- Board of Appeals filings
- CODES of the Town of Dover (formerly called By-Laws)
Licenses & Permits
The Town Clerk also issues licenses and permits including:
- Business Certificates
- Dog Licenses
- Fuel Storage Permits
- Marriage Licenses
- Permits for Raffles and Bazaars
Dover Town Code Description of Responsibilities
Section 4-9. Term of office; bond; powers and duties from the Town Code.
There shall be a Town Clerk elected for a three-year term. The Town Clerk shall annually take a census of the Town as of January 1. The Town Clerk’s duties and authority shall include, but shall not be limited to, those specified in Massachusetts General Laws (MGL) Chapter 41, Sections 1, 13, 15.
View the full Dover Town Code.